Last Updated on
Blueberries are one of the rare natural super food that posses outstanding health benefits for us. It is a good source of vitamin C and niacin. Mineral manganese and numerous potential antioxidants are also found in the supernatural food. Blueberries can improve our health in different ways including aiding heart health. A recent studies of Michigan Cardiovascular Center show that the blueberries can lose one’s fat and metabolic syndrome.
Image source: Flicker
Here, 10 health Benefits of blueberries are given below –
1. Improve Memory:
The Researcher found that the blueberries can improve human memory as well as brain functions. It can protect our brain from being attacked by oxidative stress and increase potential neuron signals. The blueberries also prevent the age-related brain problem, like Alzheimer’s and dementia disease.
2. Reduce the belly fat:
Blueberries are mostly liked by the woman as it can reduce the belly fat. There are likely to enjoy this food at the time of dieting. If you want to see a flatter stomach than you can check blueberries as a proper diet food.
3. Improve urinary tract health:
Blueberries can protect the urinary tract function from bacteria which usually grows in the urinary system. These bacteria cause terrible infections. The blueberries can improve urinary function and help to reduce the problem causes by bacteria.
4. Improve heart health:
blueberries can help our heart by providing high fiber. As the blueberries have powerful antioxidants, it can strength up our cardiovascular system. It can lower triglycerides, reduce cholesterol and improve the blood fat balances.
5.Prevent from Cancer:
The Pterostilbene and Ellagic Acid can prevent from cancer and have high healing properties. Blueberries have these two ingredients that protect us from cancer. A recent laboratory study shows that the phenolic compounds of blueberries can prevent from human colon cancer.
6. Improve Eyesight:
blueberries are the main source of Vitamin A that is essential for improving eyesight. The nutrients of blueberries can help in maintaining and enhancing man’s eyesight.
7. Improve Digestion and Constipation:
Even a single slice of blueberries can keep away from constipation. Blueberries also help to improve digestion by containing sodium, copper, acids, fructose and vitamins.
8. Natural anti-depressants:
Blueberries can improve our moods and work as anti-depressants. It can decrease the depression system without using any extra medicine.
9. Relatively high antioxidant value:
blueberries have a high antioxidant value that helps man’s health more than other food items. This fruit has iron, zinc, copper, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C and vitamin B complex.
10. Counterbalance radicals:
In our daily environment, we have to face many harmful things that cause aging and cancer. The blueberries can stop these free radicals and make them weak to attack our body.
There are also many other benefits of blueberries that have no any side effects. It can keep us fit, active, fresh and in a nice mood. So, you can try out this highly rich fruit rather than spending for medicine.
1. Video : Yummy Blueberry smoothy (under 95 calorie)
Videos of Blueberry Recopies for (click below links to see video)
- 2. [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=bKIEt0di2SA width=500 height=400 anchor= “Blueberry lemon Cake Recipe “]
- 3.[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=tfXFKIQ10ro width=500 height=400 anchor= “Blueberry Pie Recipe …”]
- 4.[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=JzSpcN2MAwY width=500 height=400 anchor= “Homemade Blueberry Pancake Recipe”]
Cookbook : The Joy of Blueberries Cookbook ( in Amazon)
How to juice blueberries ?
one of the common questions among the readers .. “Which is the best juicer for blueberries?”
my respond to my reader is- juicer will be not effective in general. a blender would be a more suitable for Blueberries.
- we should blend fruits like bananas, berries (blueberries, strawberries) and stone fruits (peaches, nectarines), tomatoes, avocado
- we should juice : watermelon with rind, apples, pears, citrus fruits
reason I chose blender over juicer in general for fruits will be discussed in another article.
- how to grow blueberries Book: Blueberries in Your Backyard: How to Grow America’s Hottest Antioxidant Fruit for Food, Health, and Extra Money (affiliate link)
- Dry blueberry : Signature Dried Blueberries, 20 Ounce (affiliate link)
Tips to store :
Keep it dry and store in refrigerator for future use and you will be able to store them for one week. But try to eat without storing as fresh possible.
Person with history of calcium oxalate should limit blueberry taking. as Blueberries contains small amount of oxalates.