If we don’t have to choose between juicer and blender, it would be great.. yes?
You will make better smoothies from most fruits and veggies if you use both juicer and a blender. You will need fewer kitchen appliances and less counter space too.
For example, suppose you want to get a smoothie with carrot, banana, blueberries, ice, and a protein shake. In that case,
it’s better to use a juicer first to make carrot juice. As you will be able to consume more carrot goodness without consuming or hard to diggest insoluble fibers from carrots. And then use that carrot juice as a base for a smoothie. You can use a blender in a second to make the smoothie you want. Unlike juicers, your blender can handle some particular foods well. Foods like ice, banana, blueberries, or protein powders.
General rule: one should eat whole or blend your fruit to get the most out of your fruits. Use a juicer when you are using vegetables or leafy greens.
There are different types of Breville juicers in the market. Like centrifugal, masticating, citrus juicer models in the market. So on. But
can you make smoothies with a Breville juicer?
Most of the Breville Juicers can’t make smoothies. But you can make a smoothie with a few of Breville’s centrifugal juicer models that have extra features.
Besides juicers, you can make a juice and smoothie with a unique Breville product called Bluicers ( that has the feature of a juicer and a blender ).
So Bluicer and few Breville juicers with special features will help you make a juice and smoothie booth.
You can use juice made by your juicer as a smoothie base in a blender to make a delicious or healthy smoothie.
Note: Breville’s masticating juicer doesn’t come with smoothie attachments. So you will not be able to make smoothies in your Breville masticating juicer.
Briville vs other juicers: for making smoothie
smoothie attachments in a juicer
Blender feature is added to centrifugal juicer in Breville’s. For other brands, it’s added to masticating juicer.
Some of the omega’s, hurom, kuvings masticating juicers come with smoothie attachment. The attachment looks like a straining basket with bigger holes than that of a regular juicer.
|Breville juicer with blender feature||other brands -( omega, hurom, kuving )|
juicers with blender feature
|blender feature is added to |
centrifugal juicer in Breville’s
|other brands its added to |
|can crush ice and other things|
as you can is in a normal blender
|limitation to crush ice, mixing protein powder|
|You can put whole fruits||You need to cut your fruits into small pieces|
|good quality smoothie||Better Quality juice and smoothie is possible|
|example Breville BJB840XL, 3X Bluicer™ Pro||example Hurom Elite HH-SBB11, omegas nc900,|
- Better Quality juice and smoothie is possible from a masticating juicer as those come at a slower speed than that of a centrifugal juicer. The blender feature, added to a centrifugal juicer, of a Breville comes with a lot higher speed, so heat and oxidation are inevitable..which causes nutrition reduction.
- Blender from other brands has limitations to crush ice, mixing protein powder.
- For other juicer brands, when making a smoothie with your juicer, you need to cut your produce into small pieces and feed those pieces slowly into the juicer. As if you put a whole fruit or feed your juicer too fast, your juicer will stop working. On the other hand, breville blender or nutribullet can handle the whole food fast and easily.
Breville Juicers without unique smoothie feature
If you have a Breville juicer without a unique smoothie feature, then you can use a blender or nutrabullet separately to make your smoothie.
You can juice from different fruits and veggies, but your Breville’s centrifugal-type juicer will make high yield from hard fruits (like carrot, beets, and so on) better than other soft produce and leafy greens.
And Breville vertical masticating juicer is known for giving better yield from your soft fruits (like pineapples and other fruits). You can make citrus juice (e.g., orange juice) from your Breville citrus juicer.
Juicer With Special Smoothie Feature (juicing and blending)
Some of the Breville juicers come with a unique feature that allows your juicer to work as a blender as well.
For example, Breville BJB840XL has two features, juicer and blender altogether. Juicers and blender can use the same common base motor of this kitchen appliance. You can see below the video how it works.
Bluicer= Blender + juicer
If you like juicing and blending both, you will not need to choose between juicer and blender if you have a bluicer. You can make a better smoothie with a bluicer. Below you can see a video to know more.
Below you can see the video about The 3X Bluicer™ Pro
you can know more about bluicer here.
Some smoothie recipe
Recipe1 Green Smoothie
|apple, -1 cup|
|ice – 1 cup|
banana – 1
spinach- 1 and 1/2 cup
|carrots- 3||ice – 1 cup|
spinach- 1 and 1/2 cup
Best jucier with smoothie features
Breville BJB840XL juicer (and blender)
- The Breville BJB840XL is a powerful and versatile blender and juicer. It’s designed to tackle everything from juicing fruits and veggies, smoothies, protein shakes, dips, and sauces to crushing ice with ease.
- This juicer comes with a 3-inch feed chute, so you will need less chopping of your fruits and vegetables when juicing. You will be able to put whole apple, carrots, and beets without chopping.
- This is a powerful machine that comes with 5 vairable speed. Which allows you to control juicer or blender speed according to your fruits and veggies. For instance, you will need less speed for cucumber compares to your carrots or beets. This juicer comes with 1200 watt, and the blender comes with 750 watts.
- Features like ice crush, smoothie, and pulse functions, and Includes blending guide make this juicer unique and easy to use
- 2-year warranty, you’ll be able to enjoy all these benefits without worry for years to come.
Plus, it includes two 16oz BPA-free tumblers that are dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about hand washing dishes after every use.
Breville has been designing innovative appliances since 1919, and we are proud to offer their latest product on our website!
|You can make juice and smoothie|
with this powerful juicer or blender
don’t need to choose one anymore
|Big (3-inch) feed chute |
Reduce chopping need before juicing
|the blender attachment is ‘ok’ |
but not up to the mark
|extract more juice in a shorter period||2 years warranty|
3X Bluicer™ Pro for juicing and blending
I tried the 3X Bluicer Pro, and it’s a space saver! It has one base to blend, juice, or bluice. The pulp collecting bin is located behind the product base. You won’t have any more wasted countertop space with this appliance in your kitchen!
Its versatility is unmatched, with the capability of juicing and blending at any time. With three different methods to enjoy your drinks, you can get a refreshing beverage in seconds!
The innovative Smoothie program on this blender optimizes time and speed for both smoothies and cocktails. With Pulse/Ice Crush, you can easily create fresh snow-like ice to use in your cocktail or whip up a perfect frozen margarita with just one touch of frozen Cocktail One Touch!
The Auto Clean function makes cleaning as easy as pushing a button so that there are never any more tough spots left behind after blending drinks.
hurom juicer HH-SBB11 – for making smoothie
The Hurom HH Elite Slow Juicer doesn’t need to be limited in use for just one thing – it’s versatile enough to produce fruit juice, vegetable juice, smoothies, nut milk, and even ice cream!
juice or smoothy made by this appliance, taste great. high yield and good quality of juice will help you to continue your juicing or smoothie journey
This juicer has a special system that makes it incredibly quiet. In my opinion, the noise level is lower than many other centrifugal juicers in the market.